Tuesday, February 22, 2022

So You Like My Painting, Huh? That Makes Me Very, Very Happy...


A post on my other blog made me think about the two poems in the movie Pump Up The Volume from the Eat Me Beat Me Lady and I just had to share them. It took me a little time to find them because I had trouble searchin' them for some reason, but I finally did find them. Now, as to modern poetry, these two poems, one of which I share here are great examples of modern poetry. Whoever wrote these for the movie, I'd love to read more of their stuff. I'd be a puddle every time...ooey gooey in their hands...willin' and unable to resist...mmmm...

Poem II

You're the voice crying out in the wilderness,
You're the voice that makes my brain burn and my guts go gooey.
Yeah, you gut me.
My insides spill on your altar and tell the future.
My steaming, gleaming guts spell out your nature.
I know you; not your name, but your game.
I know the true you.
Come to me or I'll come to you.

~ Eat Me Beat Me Lady from Pump Up The Volume

No comments:

Post a Comment