Tuesday, April 5, 2022

I Hope She Doesn't Make My Allergies Act Up


This is somethin' I could wear out in the fields or the woods, but most likely I wouldn't because I'd still be itchy and too exposed, you know? But I don't get eaten alive by mosquitoes either, not like my mother! She gets them so bad, on her knuckles and knees, bites the size of dimes and sometimes quarters! She must be just too sweet to resist...but then what does that say about my blood?

I don't know what flowers are in the pic above, maybe sunflowers? But it doesn't matter, because I'm just gonna imagine they're daisies.

Yellow Daisies

Petals of a yellow daisy,
windswept on a breeze,
does he love me, soon I’ll know
what the flower foresees.

Faith in a yellow daisy,
will our love affair unfold,
or will the yellow daisy speak
of false hopes bleak and cold.

Who’d think a yellow daisy,
harbored such amazing power,
foretelling my wishes, my desires
in one single little flower

So I’ll pick a field of daisies
 that’s what fields are for,
to find that special one that says
he’s mine forevermore.

~ Liz Labadie-Reilly

No comments:

Post a Comment